Sunday, November 22, 2009

Tough Race

Mrs. FA and I ran a NYRR 4-miler this morning. It was a brisk 46 degrees when we headed out for the 8:30 start. I had a tough time on this one. I'm fairly certain that the right IT band pain I experienced in the last two miles of the ADK 1/2 is a lingering injury. It really started giving me trouble today, between miles two and 2 1/2. (If anyone on the blog can advise me on this, I'm keen for some feedback. I am going to treat it like an injury and do some research on recovering properly.) So I walked a fair bit. After running the first mile in a blistering (for me) nine minutes, I finished the race in about 41 minutes. It was invigorating to run on a beautiful morning in Central Park with 6,000+ other New Yorkers, and a great way to start a big holiday week.

So I can check "one race before year-end" off the Agricola challenge, and aim to get out again for light runs -- I'll see what the research turns up -- on Tuesday and Thanksgiving morning.

Peace, fellas.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

nice work, it's all about getting out there and doing it! You need a break every once in a while. you'll ramp back up.

Steve DiMattia said...

I just checked my official time today (Friday) -- 42.54.