Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Let's Get It Going

OK. My goal at the end of this year is to regain some balance in my life. Part of that effort means running more and taking more time to run. It also means blogging more. I want to throw down a challenge to all of us still (nominally) involved in this blogging venture.

  1. Let's all commit to run at least three times/week until the end of the year
  2. Let's all commit to at least two contributions/week to the blog -- be it a post or a comment
  3. Let's all commit to run at least one more race before the end of the year
This blog is most successful when we're participating on it. There are too many post with 0 comments, and too few posts. I'm totally at fault here too, I've been inconsistent as a runner and a contributor. Let's finish 2009 on a strong note.

The week after Columbus day was a great running week -- I got in 4 runs. The week after that was a disaster with tons of work. Last week was a disaster of sloth. I went this past Saturday for 3.3 and again on Monday (yesterday). I felt pretty good Saturday, and quite strong and fast yesterday. I've been having some respiratory issues this fall with allergies etc. but feel like I'm starting to overcome them. I'm looking forward to getting back out. I want and need to run, and i've been letting my business venture take over vast tracks of my life. As I've said often, I'm a better husband father and worker when I'm running.

Here are some things percolating in Race World:

Hingham Turkey Day Trot. I'm in and so are VTR and BR (http://www.marathonsports.com/races/turkeytrot/) 11/26/09, need to sign up soon.
Jolly Jaunt (http://www.jollyjauntboston.org 12/5/09)
Registration is open for Vermont City Marathon as of 11/1/09. I'm going to sign up and use last year's deferral.

3 comments:

Bennu Runner said...

Challenge accepted! Just registered for Hingham. Will need to look at calendar for the Jolly Jaunt and VCM.

Agricola said...

Nice. I signed up this AM as well, so that's taken care of.

Got in another run today.

Steve DiMattia said...

I'm in. More to come from me.