Monday, November 30, 2009

Post Turkey Trot Update

While I've been delinquent on the posts, I've been good about running 3x a week for the past month. The Trot with AG was the best I've felt since I started running again 15 months ago. As AG pointed out in his post, the times are a bit of a SWAG. I, too, passed the finish line 20-25 seconds faster than the official time. The start was also a challenge...dodging other runners, figuring out where the starting line was and navigating the side of the road. Based on previous races and runs, I'm relatively confident in my foot pod giving the correct distance.

1.0 8:20
2.0 7:54 16:14
3.0 7:42 23:56
3.1 0:49 24:45

The times correlate with AG's estimates. While my time was the same as last month's 5k, Avg HR and max HR were both lower. More importantly, I just felt better. Looking forward to a couple more 5Ks (New Years Day? and Super Sunday) before moving up to 10K races and tri's in the spring. Goal is sub 24 for Super Sunday run.

Good to see everyone getting back at it!

1 comment:

Agricola said...

there's a good new year's day race in my town, let's do it. there's another run coming up next week, and on this weekend, but I'm not in it.
Way to go on thanksgiving. well done.