Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ok fine. I'm in.

Hey boys. Good to see the blog getting active again. I, too have been in a lull, and I'm ready to break out of it.

I got in a good 3 miler on Sunday with a friend. It was an out and back that was tough for the out and surprisingly fast for the back. The guy got me talking coffee, and I guess caffeine memory took over. We cut a minute and a half off our out time.

Last night was hockey. Week three of our regular Monday night session, and it's the first time I've felt even slightly good out there. Sure, there were still plenty of painful reminders that I'm out of shape, but there was progress. I'm looking for the same in running, and might even get in some weights over the "off-season." But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I printed the Turkey Trot app, and Mrs. VTR and I are both in this year. It's a fun, straightforward run. Glad to have another LDT bud on the course.

No comments: