Friday, November 27, 2009

Hingham Turkey Trot 2009

BR and I ran in Hngham yesterday. It was moderately warm, but damp and gray. We started in abot the middle of the pack and headed out together on the run. The first mile was a slow 8:58 -- tack on the lag at the start. I ran the middle mile in 7:33 crossing mile 2 at 16:30. I finished the last 1.1 miles in a declining time of about 8:28 it seems. Now the official time on the site says 25:19.22 but I looked up as I crossed the line and the clock said something like 24:53 - 58, not entirely sure.

BR's watch said something like 24:30 elapsed time. There were no chips and no mats for this race so it's all gun time or self timed. They even use the old capture the tag from the bottom of your number and sort it that way. I'm not sure of the accuracy of that method, though it can be accurate, my run felt faster than 25:19.22 though that may just mean that I'm in worse shape than I thought. I think it was somewhere low 24s high 23s, to be honest. Anyway, whatever. It was fun. BR is doing great and much improved this year since we raced together in February. Way to go. Sorry you guys missed the race, VTR. Next year.

Hope you guys all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. This is a good driver to get better and more consistent. See you around.

No comments: