Monday, December 7, 2009

Treadmill again

As I work into running once again, I have found it tough getting motivated to do it even though after I finish a run, I feel immensely better. Hit the treadmill last night for 4.1 miles and ran at an 8:30 pace. Slow, but at least I haven't lost too much ground to just lifting and other things. No tights yet!

I will get out into the real elements, but I am also considering switching shoes. One of my colleagues here just got new Nike "natural" running sneakers and he swears by them. You have to start out slower, but supposedly my buddy's aches in his lower shins have gone away. Check out this funny commercial I found while trying to seek out a link for all of you: http://tomfaranda.typepad.com/folly/2009/04/nikes-naturel-running-training-camp.html

The link to the shoe: http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?country=US&lang_locale=en_US&cp=usns_CSE_081109_Froogle&l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-224611/pgid-224609&CAWELAID=377772735


I will let everyone know if I get them.

4 comments:

Agricola said...

Man, you've been talking about this natural running, bare foot, toe shoe thing for months. You and BR have aches and pains in your legs. You guys should go to a good shoe store and see what they say about your gait, and ask for a shoe reco. I think new shoes are in order for you two. I used to have pain in my shins just below my knees, but that was years ago and haven't had issues for a while. I've got some strange twinges in my hip these days and one in my right knee -- not sure what those are, but not too worried -- they don't bug while running, just while not running. Who knows.

Steve DiMattia said...

Age, baby, age.

VT Runner said...

I agree with AG. It's all about the shoes. Get suited up by some pro's.

Agricola said...

yeah, it could be age, but I'm not going quietly into that good night. Acivity keeps us young -- the more active we are the more youthful we feel. As I told a neighbor in September, I'm going to run until I can't run anymore and there's nothing left in my knees.... the old guys who smoked me a in a 5K 7 years ago are my inspiration. 70+ y/o 20 mins 5K!