Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Solo Run in a City of 9 Million

I got out in an eerily empty Central Park last night. I started at 7:25p, ran along 110th St, up behind the Lasker Rink/Pool, across the 102 Street Tranverse, then down the West Side to Columbus Circle, where I caught the C Train home. The Park was EMPTY. Weird. I saw maybe four runners the whole way, and not a single cyclist. I t had been raining, so I can understand the cyclist staying in. I can only think the cold scared off the runners. I wore my stocking cap, and wished I had remembered gloves.

I'm staying with the intermitant recovery walks for the time being, though last night's running felt pretty good.

More soon.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

I think the empty park would freak me out. Flashes of horror movies and stuff. Glad to hear you had a more peaceful experience, and that the recovery is underway.

Agricola said...

I like the alone in a city of millions. I beliee it was a guy named walter benjamin who wrote about the modern conundrum of being alone while being surrounded by mllions.... nice work.