Thursday, December 3, 2009

Perception

I'm not sure what it was, but for some reason I was convinced it was cold outside yesterday. It might have been FreeArtist's post from a few days back or the slightly gray morning. Whatever it was, I hit the streets at lunch in sweats, a long-sleeved tech shirt with zip up turtleneck, another zip turtleneck technical fleece, my light, running jacket (yup, I'm up to three layers) and gloves. I even reached for my hat, but thought better of it. I was overdressed to say the least.

Out on the course, I awkwardly reeled in a group of three runners. You know those times when you're running just fast enough to catch someone, but not fast enough to blow by them? That's the awkward pass I'm talking about. I said hello and picked up my pace until they were well behind me. Not a fan of the slow pass.

Besides my attire and pass, this was an uneventful run. I was glad to get out there. I figure it was 3.5 miles.

4 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

It was cold in NYC on Monday night, but certainly has warmed this week. Yesterday was nearly balmy. Supposed to be cold enuf to snow tomorrow. Crazy weather.

Agricola said...

yeah, it was 70 F yesterday here -- you vermonters are soft.
chillier today, but still shorts weather i think.

Steve DiMattia said...

In early October I bought a pair of tights for running in the cold, haven't needed them yet, a blessing b/c they make my ass look fat.

Agricola said...

You can ask Mrs. FA "Do I look fat in these?" That's gender equity, baby.