Saturday, December 19, 2009

Do-Over

Yah, so Mrs. FA and I had a slightly excessive Friday night at home, and I headed out to run this morning at 11:30a feeling fat and mildly hung-over. The Great Hill put me on my ass. I ran for six minutes, turned around and headed home, for 11 minutes altogether. To be fair, it was cold, and I was not dressed for the weather. Still, the fact that I bagged on the run put me in a crabby mood for much of the afternoon. So at 5:00 I bundled up for a do-over.

I ran down the West Side of the Park and cut over on the 65th Street Transverse and then around the bottom loop of the Park, stopping at Columbus Circle. It was a little over 3 miles in a little under 30 minutes. The big storm had begun and the snow was beautiful and I waved at every runner, mad cyclist and handsome cabbie out there with me. A few more than usual smiled and waved back. Must be the season. It was great to be out and running.

That's three runs for this past week, on-track with A's challenge. This coming week I aim to get out tomorrow (Sunday), Tuesday, and Christmas Eve. Re: Phat's challenge, my baseline weight is 225 pounds, recorded this afternoon. There will be no photos, but I'll aim to post weight again next Saturday. It'll be after much feasting and flagons of wine. I won't be the biggest loser.

The FAs went out for our Christmas tree today, decorated it and started wrapping presents. I hope you guys have a holy and festive week with your families.

Peace, fellas.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Way to go back out and get it! congrats.

Love the snow running, and am glad to hear that cheer is percolating amongst the runners.

A holy and happy week to you as well.