Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Workmanlike run

I was inspired to go for a 3 miler today at lunch. I think it was seeing the sun for the first time in quite some time. The run was uneventful, just plodding along really. Pace was decent, no pain, not a ton going on mentally. Just glad to be out and pleased that I decided to up and go. It was a little like a reintroduction to myself, or a part of myself.

Cool serendipitous moment -- I showed up for our weekly dinner at a friends' place, and Mrs. VTR handed me an impromptu gift. It was a book on running (forget the title at the moment). How cool that she gave the book today, the first time I've run in a few weeks.

Catching up on other exercises -- skied on Saturday (more fun than anything else). Hockey on Monday night -- wicked workout as usual.

Later boys.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

yerp, it's all about getting out there, that's all. good work.