Friday, January 22, 2010

Unsatisfying and Cold

Got dropped off about 4.5 -4.75 miles from home this AM while Mrs. A dropped off Child Two. It was cold. I needed an extra layer on my legs, but didn't have it. My legs froze up. My lungs were not working at max capacity given the cold dry air and I ground out just about every step on this AM's trot. Like I always say "somedays you eat the miles, somedays the miles eat you." Consider me chewed up and spit out today. It was a character builder for sure. Glad it's over.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

Just looked up my time from the new year's day 5k: 23:04. Pretty stoked and surprised by that. That's a sub 7:30/mile, 7:26/mi actually. Very surprised, very surprised indeed to lay down that kind of time on 1/1.

VT Runner said...

You got it done. That's all that matters.