Monday, January 25, 2010

Signed up.

Manged to get my 3 runs in last week just under the wire again. Needed to run a quick 2 yesterday to do it. Out for a quick 3 this morning instead of the usual 6 as I was running late. Only two layers needed with the summer like weather! I did push the pace (8:15) to gauge my readiness for the Super Sunday 5k. Not sure if I'm going to set any personal records, but I don't think I've lost anything over the past couple of months either.

I also spent yesterday signing up for a couple of events. First is the St. Patrick's Day 10k on 3/20 in Holyoke. Mrs. BR has her class reunion on that weekend. Its been over 10 years since I last participated. The timing works well as I'd hope to step up to 10Ks this spring. I also signed up for the Timberman Triathlon sprint. Based on the number of waivers I had to sign, it's definitely going to kill me. Need to get into the pool. Swimming a few laps in between watching the kids this weekend isn't going to cut it.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Nice. I'll not let the signup for the TMT go unnoticed. It's .3 miles, you can breast strike it and be fine. YOU've got 6 months to get ready for it. Honestly, the toughest part is going to be training for the bike/run brick -- I've never experienced anything quite like that before. The legs are so not ready for running after biking. Way to go!