Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Running with Friends

We had friends up from Hingham this weekend, one of whom is a newly converted (and strong) runner. She was determined to run two of the three days, and I was happy to oblige -- more to catch up on the friendship than for any particular running ambition, although I am gearing up to officially start training. The two runs were on scenic back roads and at a solid pace. As is usually the case when running with a friend, the miles melted away while we reminisced and talked shop about running, training and life in general. They were great runs that left me wanting more. If the sentiment sticks, you'll read about it here later this week.

The numbers from what I just realized was an extremely active three days off:
3 days
2 runs
10 miles
8 minute pace
5 snowboard runs
1 hockey goal
4 beers
1 martini (2 olives)
1 Pats victory

A solid weekend, for sure.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Good for you on the runs. I'm not there right now . . . tried to go this AM but it was icy out. This is a real winter and it's a real pain the rear . . .

I'm feeling the need . . . now I need the motivation because this 'thon training is gonna hurt . . . ugh.

good for you getting out there and for posting -- I've got a fractured today and tomorrow so it's going to be challenging to get out unless I can get out at work tomorrow -- no time today.

Back to work.