Friday, January 25, 2008

Feeling It

I took a run at work yesterday -- I went out at 4:10 PM and ran for about 32 minutes and covered 4 miles so I hit what I think is a pretty decent 8 minute mile which surprised me. What I was happiest about was that my pace picked up on the second half which is always my goal on an out and back. It wasn't totally comfortable but it was a good discomfort -- I was breathing hard but it was a good hard and it was familiar. Yesterday's run was a good, confidence builder and I"m looking forward to the next run. Today is ankle stretching and rotation.

On a related note I woke up early on Wednesday and Thursday -- 6 AM -- and I'm feeling good about getting back on the morning running train. It's all about habituation, and it's time to re-habituate to earlier waking and running.

No comments: