Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chilly Three

I got out this AM for the required three. It was actually a bit more than three and a bit less than my typical 3.3 -- I stopped at the bottom of my street and then walked off the run to my front door. I did the 3.2 in ~28. It was a good little trot, if chilly, and I felt good after my 8 miler on Sunday. I'm not sure why I stopped where I did, it felt strange, but I figure that I'm going to stick to the plan as much possible and see what happens. I've posted my training log on the web, and I'll update each day that I run so that you can see my progress.

(I loaded the spreadsheet onto Google Docs and then published it to the web -- it's pretty cool functionality and just one more example of the "social" web. There's nothing personal in the spreadsheet so it's not too weird, I don't think. Plus, it's sort of like research for my day job. It will update automatically and you can even get an RSS feed for the thing. The open platform will someday replace the desktop application, I think.)

Speaking of technology, I don't have any data because I lost my HR chest belt right around the time I got hurt -- I found the strap, but I can't find the business end of the thing so I'm taking a very casual approach to the timing and data stuff. I might suck it up though and invest in a new one -- I really like having the data and the log of my runs. I lost the first HR belt I ever owned and did invest in a new one. It seems that I lose the first version of each belt that I buy, and then replace it. That's a good habit . . . 5 miles tomorrow!

1 comment:

VT Runner said...

Way to go! Freezing rain blew up my planned 3 miler today. Glad to see you got yours in.

I have to get the fiver in tomorrow. My stuff is here, so hopefully the weather will cooperate.