Thursday, January 10, 2008

Cool Site

I found a cool site today: Map My Run.com.

I know that we have Google pedometer linked here, and it's very cool, but this one is nice too. Map my Run is quite a bit more slickly built atop the Google Maps API. You can leave notes on the route that appear when you print, mark things like water, toilets etc. you can also share the route, search other folk's routes and one of the coolest things of all is the elevation feature. Enjoy.

I was supposed to have run today but was lazy. I have a lunch meeting today so I can't go at lunch -- too bad. I've go to go tomorrow, regardless, so it will be up before the light and on the roads, hopefully. I'm really struggling with the winter morning runs. I was hoping they'd be easier, but the ankle injury set me back and it's tough to get out there right now . . . I need to build some momentum.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

A cool thing that I noticed is that on the homepage you can also search routes in your locale and see what other folks are running.

cool.

VT Runner said...

Very cool site. I dig it.