Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Where I've Been, Two

The week after the NB Half started nicely with a quick 4 mile errand run on St. Patrick's day, and ended in a total downer. I got caught up in starting this new venture and flaked on running. I was set to get out for 10 on Saturday and 15-16 on Sunday -- I was jut going to go for it. During a Saturday wrestling match with Child One I took a wicked (accidental) poke to the eye that scratched the cornea and had me in agony the rest of the day. I basically couldn't keep either eye open on Saturday so laid around with both closed until Sunday when the poked-eye was barely functioning. My whole weekend was shot and with it my week.

Well, water under the bridge, so I got out today and took Child Three for his first stroller run. He's been walking in the jogger with Mrs. A, but this was his first run, and it was less than stellar. It was challenging and I felt crummy. I made the mistake of heading out at 2:30 PM -- school pickup in town and tons of traffic. good times. The wind was howling and in my face all the way back, more good times. I got out for a slow 4.75 though and will go again tomorrow. Gotta get back on the horse. It's getting to crunch time and I need to buckle down and RUN.

VTR, I'm sorry, I missed something, somewhere, but you're injured again? Total drag, I'm sorry. Give a shout if you want to talk.

4 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

Did child 3 enjoy the speed?

VT Runner said...

Calf injury from the race. Getting better every day. I'll be running in a week.

Agricola said...

patience, and good luck. hopefully we can run next weekend.

Agricola said...

sorry FA, meant to answer your question too: I'm not even sure he was aware of speed (which was relative on this rurn) though, the rhythm had him fairly comatose -- i was stressing that he was hurt, or whatever, he was so still that I kept stopping and checking on him and he was out of it. Lulled.