Thursday, March 12, 2009

Late 8

While talking to AG yesterday around 6PM, I realized that I was not on an off-day after all. I had an 8 miler fartlek on the schedule. Thank goodness for the time change because I completely spaced it.

I hit the heavily rutted, potholed, muddy road from my house at about 6:40. The run consisted of a 2 mile warm up, 5 X 3 minute "sprints" (again, loosely defined sprints) with one minute warm down between each one, followed by an easy run in for the remaining miles.

This run was tough going mainly because of the light. The interesting thing was that I was less impaired by the poor visibility and footing than I was by worrying about the poor visibility and footing. I just couldn't concentrate or get any steam going because my head was not in the game. Yet another reminder of the power of the mind in training. In the end, I got my satisfaction from the fact that I went out and got the miles in, not from the act of running. Still, I'll take it.

New Bedford Half Marathon is on Sunday, and I'll be there along with AG. Apparently this is a great race where lots of records have been set. Looking forward to the rush of the start.

Later boys.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

all about the mind! way to go.