Sunday, March 22, 2009

Run 17; iPod, Part 2

Mrs. FA is out with a close friend today to run a 4-mile NYRR race. Her friend recently beat breast cancer but is now staring down possibly more daunting health challenges and she started running only recently, I think partly as therapy. It's the friend's first race. So while Mrs. FA runs about 2 minutes/mile faster than her friend, today they're running the race together.

So with the little FAs playing at a neighbors I put my healthy, hardship free body out on the road again this morning, with the iPod. Still having trouble keeping the right ear bud in place, but the music was very supportive.

The playlist:

Eminence Front, The Who
Where the Streets Have No Name, U2
Don't Believe the Hype, Public Enemy
Here it Goes Again, Ok Go
Everywhere, Michelle Branch
Blinded by the Light, Manfred Mann
Favorite, Liz Phair

It's another beuatiful day in NYC, if temps are below 40 degrees. I ran my 5k Reservoir Loop in 29:44, during which I walked about 100 yards to try to shake off some piriformis pain.

Peace, fellas.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

interesting to hea about your iPod use. Whatever it takes t get out there, do it!

I am moved by Mrs. FA's friend, the cancer survivor and MrsF. A's running with her. That's beautiful and cool and really what the whole thing is about -- getting out and moving and affirming our liveliness. Glad that you referenced your pain free hardship free body. Things like this post nail what's important.

I wish the friend all the best. She's in my prayers.