Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Last Run before 26.2...

So I am feeling good after doing 42 total miles on the hard packed sand last week in FL. Did 15 last Sun (1/2 of which was into a tough headwind), 7.5 on Mon and Tue, off Wed, and 6 on Thu and Fri.

Today I did a nice and easy 4.3 in 37:00:13, which I'd like to believe is my marathon pace. I didn't labor at all, just ran loose and relaxed - approached it like a Sunday drive in a vintage convertible. That puts me at a 3:45 marathon, which is fairly aggressive but I'm going for it.

Tomorrow I'll do another short run, then Tae Kwon Do in the evening, and that's it....Week 18 of 18 is here and I can't wait until Sunday. Feel like one of those horses at the Kentucky Derby that is just bucking in the stall before the gates go up.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

I caught up on your training on my 20 with AG. Impressive. You'll crush it, and I'm looking forward to reading about it here.

Agricola said...

Well done, you've been inspiring. I'm stoked to hear how you do! have fun, you're more than ready, and enjoy.

Crush it.