Saturday, May 29, 2010

12.99...again

So I went out this morning 5am sharp. Woke up around 4:30am and couldn't fall back asleep so went out at first light - what a gorgeous morning. Temperature was ideal, just a shirt and shorts, low humidity.

I like to vary my running routes but the 1:54 for my 12.99 sat in my gut like a bad sausage calzone. I ran it 3 min faster in April so I decided to try to use today's run to better that time instead of doing something different.

I felt like I ran hard, harder than Thursday. I expected a 1:52:30. Time: 1:54:15. Argh. Sometimes running is like that. But I am pleased with the effort, and got in a great workout, that is what counts.

Post-run I wolfed down a leftover chunk of Wild Alaskan King Salmon, a 16oz. Vanilla Protein Monster, and made a bowl of Stonyfield french vanilla yogurt with blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and granola. That's a breakfast fit for a guy who ran 12.99 in 1:54:15.

No comments: