Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Roadrunner & Coyote

Time: 27:04
Avg HR: 156
Peak HR: 176
Calories: 450
Distance: 3.3
Start Time: 6:08 AM
Training Effect: 3.7
Temp: Chilly
Date: 11/14/07

Yesterday was my day, but it was rainy and drizzly and I was a wimp and bailed -- I couldn't figure if it was going to pour or keep spritzing and I missed my run. I rolled out of bed today at 5:50 AM, sucked it up even though it was dark and cold, and was on the road by 6:08 AM. I had to get out early and keep it short because today was technically Mrs. Agricola's morning and I want to do 5 tomorrow (my scheduled day) so I had to get back in time for her to get in her workout (Mrs. A, coincidentally ran her longest distance this past weekend in a very nice Saturday effort).

Anyway, it was pretty dark, but the sky was lighting up in the East with the sunrise. A lady was walking a couple of dogs and I said "hello" to her as I started my run. I took a few strides, looked up and saw a coyote running very fast away from me, across the street that our street intersects, and down a hilly driveway into somebody's yard. I crossed the street to see if I could see him but he was gone into the dark woods. It was very cool, and I was surprised to see the coyote at that hour. The last time I'd seen him he was waking the neighborhood after getting into it with a cat that lives down the street -- I think the coyote lost that exchange, it must be a tough cat.

The sunrise was amazing -- brilliant fiery pink at the horizon fading into pale morning-blue sky into which Venus was rising ahead of the sun. The frost covered everything in a beautiful even coating. It was a a great morning, and a morning that I was glad to be a runner.

In another note, I'm starting a new gig next week that's about 55 miles from my home -- I'm re-entering the freelance world. I'm going to need to get up earlier to get in my runs, so if you see me not posting, get on me -- it's most likely because I'm being a wimp and lazy.

No comments: