Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Early "Run"

Sunday was an absolute treat for this relatively new Vermonter. I went with a friend to hike Mt. Mansfield and carve some early season turns on the snowboard. The day was absolute bluebird, not a cloud in the sky, crisp air, 45 degrees. I hiked it in snowboard boots and the trip took about 2 hours from bottom to top. We hit substantial snow about two thirds of the way up, and I was ecstatic. The joy of seeing and being in the snow on the mountain combined with the endorphins (I have to figure they were kicking in) left me feeling like a giddy little kid. I was also feeling very lucky to call such a beautiful spot home.


Anyway, it was a hell of a workout, and my legs were spent by the time I got on the board.

These transitional seasons can be tough. Getting out on snow on November 11 makes it all good in my book.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Very cool. Last weekend was gorgeous. Another benefit (I think) of the early season run is that you don't have to pay for a lift ticket. It sounds like you had a great day.