Sunday, April 4, 2010

5.5, One with son

I ran 1.2 miles with Little VTR #1 this morning. I asked him to join me (thanks to a heads up from Mrs. VTR), and he didn't hesitate to say, "yes." He suited up in no time, and we hit the road. We did an out and back to a big red barn on our road. The back portion included stops at a waterfall we had never seen before today, at a tree where three woodpeckers were going at it, and along another set of brooks that converged on the side of the road. It was a lot of fun. We did the whole loop, including stops in 20 minutes, which Little VTR noted is way less than an hour, "like 40 minutes less." (I love the math learning at this age.)

After our run, I continued on for another 4.5. It was the same hilly route as the last post. I felt better today, but I still have lots of foundation building to do. That's on tap for this week.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Agricola said...

that's fun!
you gotta stop and smell the flowers, look at the waterfalls and listen to the woodpeckers.

@VTR: I'm not sure about moving the run out at this point, sorry -- David C is in and coming down from ME and he's running the Sugarbush Marathon(?) 5/15, so he's counting on the mileage that weekend. C'mon up from hingham, it will be fun.

@BR: I'm targeting 9s the whole way. I really can run a long way when I run 9s so that's what I'm shooting for esp. b/c that's my arget pace for the marathon.

gotta get in a run today.