Friday, April 30, 2010

19 miles with 18 days to go...

First off, I completely forgot my user name was 'Torn Ligaments" - that was my fantasy football squad back in 2007. Since then I've been BabyGotBacks, Bruised Egos, and Madoff Investments. But I digress...

So I'm gearing up for Sugarloaf which is on May 16th. I enjoyed Ted's Cherry Blossom blog so much I thought I'd continue documenting my running life here. Today I did my last big run on the Higdon novice 2 - it was supposed to be a 20 but was a little less than that (18.89) according to mapmyrun. Time was slower (9:33 min/mi) than my 14.75 (8:06 min/mi) from the other day but I did the most hill work I've ever done. My first few miles my hammies were a little tight but loosened right up. So including the 20 with Ted last Sat, my midweek 14.75 and today I've logged 53.64 miles. Next week will be a few 3-4 milers on the beach and that's it. I have to say I feel prepared, relaxed and ready.

I downed 32 oz of Odwalla Vanilla al'Mondo afterwards because I only had h20 in my camelback and that is the last time I'll run that length of distance without gatorade.

Glad to be part of the crew again. Also would anyone be up for the Mt. Washington Road Race next year? It's the 7.6 road up to the summit, 11% grade, and an enormous challenge. They have a calculator on their site and you can figure out how long it might take you based upon previous road races, then adjusted for the incline.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

Welcome Torn! Good to have some new energy on board.

Agricola said...

I think I'll skip that road race thanks... not super interested in hitting hills (mountains) like that.
tv