Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

I went for my second run since hurting my ankle in November. I didn't wrap the thing and just went out and hit it. I nearly bailed because I was feeling pretty lazy but sucked it up and went. I did my 3.3 mile route in 29:52. Certainly not my quickest for that distance but not bad. The inside of my shin above the ankle was sore but the ankle joint itself was not too bad. Swelling was minimal -- meaning the ankle was no more swollen post-run than it was prior to departure. I feel pretty good today but my legs are a bit sore -- oh, well, it's time to work back to fitness. I'm going to go again tomorrow and looking forward to it.

So, there are 7 hours and 22 minutes left in this year. All in all, it's been a good year and this blog has been lots of fun. I think that the blog did what I intended it to do when it started in February. It's been great sharing our experiences up here and keeping in touch. This silly thing is as much about life and friendships as it is about running, I think. So, to all of my fellow LDT-ers and anybody stumbling across our little blog, I wish you and your families a Happy, Healthy, and Wonderful New Year in 2008. Keep blogging. Keep running. Be well.