Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Resolutions

So it's been a quiet blog lately. While I haven't been riding/posting myself (with only one spin on the bike since Labor Day) I still drop in occasionally. Injuries, cold weather and the holidays do take their toll.

Fart on that. I'm feeling fat and angry about the slothfullness that overcame the second half of my year. I am setting physical goals for 2008 and will be looking for support and input through this blog to help make them happen.

First, I am riding the Montauk Century this year -- rain or shine, alone or not. And I am aiming to train properly this time, which means more frequent weekday rides on the trainer and longer weekend rides in the park/VT/wider world.

Also, I am thinking seriously about trying a multi-sport event. Lake Placid Cyclery hosts weekly duathlons -- run one mile, bike 10, run 2 miles -- and I may have a go.

And I want to be involved in what you are doing, too, so let me know what you are shooting for in the New Year. I am excited and anxious to get back on track.

3 comments:

Agricola said...

Yeah Man!

I'd almost given up checking this thing because it has been so damn quiet. Good for you for setting those goals and we're here to help you stick to it.

My goal is to run the VT marathon on Memorial Day '08, break 56 at Falmouth, and field a competitive team at the CCM Relay.

Im managing, I think, to fight off the weight gain during my injury, but we're entering the deadliest caloric weeks of the year . . .

I was just emailing PR that I skipped the run this past weekend and didn't do any yard work either and my ankle feels good this week -- weird and crummy in the AM, not totally better, but good at the end of the day. I'm going out this weekend, come hell or high water because it's time. I'll take the ankle for a test run and see how it works out.

Your post totally fired me up! People underestimate the power of anger -- it's not always a bad thing and it can motivate mightily. Good luck with your goals, we're here to kick you in the butt, and you do the same. I'll post up this weekend about my test run.

Steve DiMattia said...

Good, I want to see your post. Good luck re: the ankle. I am in San Francisco most of next week, staying at a hotel where I can take spin classes. So I am shooting to start my return to the blog from the West Coast.

VT Runner said...

Whoa! How cool to wander into the blog and see a post and a couple of comments! I too am gearing up. I luckily have snowboarding planned at least once a week for the next couple of weeks and hockey on Mondays, but I haven't broken through to get out running on the roads. Seeing you guys here will help out.

Glad to get this thing rolling again.

As for goals, I'm doing the Vermont City Marathon with Agricola on Memorial Day weekend. I haven't said this out loud, but it would be interesting to try to qualify for Boston. I'd need to take about 15 minutes off my CCM time. Yikes.

Glad we're back. Freeartist, you will crush the century ride. We'll make sure of it.