Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ride on

I forgot to mention that I did a 26.2 mile bike ride around Schroon Lake on Saturday with FreeArtist. He'll be doing a half marathon on that route later this month. I rode to get some exercise and check out the course. After riding with him, I predict he will crush it.

It felt good to go for a spin. Got a flat (two actually, but one was user error) with 7 miles to go and had fun changing the tire. I'll steal FreeArtist's thunder here a bit and say that gadgets are fun. We both had these little CO2 cartridge recharger/pumps which were very cool once figured out. I spent my cartridge by almost popping my tube (no auto-shutoff on the sucker). Luckily FA had an extra tube and cartridge, so we were back on track in no time.

Anyway, beautiful ride and fun to catch up with FA and (briefly) the FA family.

Later boys.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

nice!

Steve DiMattia said...

Crushing it is strong language. Goals will be posted shortly.