Monday, September 7, 2009

8 Mile Run

I got out for eight miles today. Mrs. FA drove me 8 miles from the house and dropped me off. It was a very pretty run, on a plateau high above the lake, with wonderful views for most of the first five miles. I had to walk up the four brutal hills, but I completed the course in a shade longer than 80 minutes, so maintained, on average, my comfortable race pace. I was happy about that.

One downer, as I crossed in front of my neighbor's yard, a wasp hopped out of the grass and stung me, right through my sock. I used profanity. It was an inauspicious end to an otherwise encouraging run.

Less than two weeks to the big race. I'm feeling particularly fit. Since last Sunday, I've biked 26 miles, run 18 miles, rowed steadily for three hours, and mowed the lawn. Hoo-ah.

Peace, fellas.

3 comments:

VT Runner said...

You are killing it. Single handedly keeping the spirit of the blog alive. I have a mountain biking weekend this weekend, which will hopefully jumpstart my running. Need to get in shape for hockey... not to mention my 20th (holy sh*t) high school reunion coming up in mid-October.

Anyway, nice work. Impressive.

Steve DiMattia said...

Thanks.

Agricola said...

you sound good. I'm psyched for you. way to go! keep it up. sorry we can't get in a 12er together. sometime this fall, just cuz.