Thursday, September 10, 2009

Don't Run After Pizza

I had two slices of pizza tonight around 5:30. When I got out for my run at about 7:45, I started out hard and the agida quickly shut me down. I thought I was gonna die. SUCKING wind. So I slowed to a walk for a few blocks and started up again at a more moderate pace and headed out towards the resevoir and looped it. I was back at the apartment in about 31 minutes, which is not bad. When I hit the resevoir track I felt that I needed a pacer, so fell in behind a couple out having a social run, chatting away, and stayed with them until about 3/4ers 'round, then pulled ahead and that was that. Heading to the shower now. 10 mile run in the plan for Saturday.

4 comments:

Agricola said...

ugh. Indian food is my running Waterloo -- I've never had a good run after Indian (which I love). way to stick with it. was the couple man/gal or two gals. those are the pacers you want!

Steve DiMattia said...

Man/gal. Both, I will say with confidence, were attractive.

Agricola said...

way to go. say it with confidence!

I ran a race 7 years ago -- hear association downtown run. Starts at WFC, ran around the pit at WTC (fitting today) wended around downtown, headed south down Water St into battery park and ended back at WFC. followed this 5-10 goddess in light blue volley ball shorts... running with her BF. I stayed on them like a dog on a bone. They were moving. The girl moved out at the end, i kicked with her, right behind her, looked at the BF and smiled. She and I both beat him. I've told this before, but I love this story.... :-D

Steve DiMattia said...

I remember the volleyball short story. Nice.