Saturday, May 9, 2009

Run 26

After a frustrating work day I headed out last night around 7:45p, ran down the hill from the house, and then up up up Route 9 towards Westport. I was surprised by my uphill stamina. There were no flats on this route, it was either up or down the whole way. I walked some of the ups, but overall I had the heart pumping hard for 45 minutes altogether. My calf muscles ached towards the end, and my shins are sore this morning.

Next week's 10k looks like kind of a big deal. Professional male runners will be participating. I'm sure I won't see them, but that's still sort of cool. The course is the entire park loop, starting at Columbus Circle and running clockwise, up the West side, down the East side. I'm going to use the water stations on this one.

No comments: