Sunday, May 3, 2009

Good Long Run

Just mapped today's run -- 15.6 miles. I hit the road around 7 AM. I walked the first couple hundred yards -- I was not motivated but knew I needed to get out. I did last year's long route with the intention of going out about 8 and coming back. I went out about ten and change and came back 5 and change and then I started walking home and called for the ride. I really didn't feel like suffering into my neighborhood so opted for this plan, about part way out. I also chose the route once I got to a point where I could go one of two ways -- there really was no plan, just running. I ran for about 2:35 or so and am happy with that. A little more consistency during the week is one goal and then a three hour run next Saturday -- Sunday is Mother's day, and I can't leave for three hours then!

It was a good route, some good long hills, some tough short little ups. It goes through my town and two others through some lovely bucolic land, wooded marshes and horse pastures etc. It also passes over the Framingham line of the Commuter Rail, under Route 9 & I-90 and crosses Route 30.

I'm on a zen running kick -- no HR monitor, no watch (though I had my celly and that gave me the rough time) and no real plan when I leave the door. I really need to get some more Body Glide though, my nips got scorched and I bled through a polypro and a technical but didn't really feel it until afterwards. I think this run rocked and helped me realize that with some hard work this month, I can run this marathon. By the end of today I was covered in sweat, salt, spittle, snot, blood and Gatorade -- a good long run!

1 comment: