Thursday, July 30, 2009

365

It's been one year since I reintroduced myself to running. Here's my brief summary:

The good:

  • Lost 30 lbs
  • Feel a hell of lot better
  • Can actually see my toes

The bad:
  • Bone spur persists.
  • Still not where I'd like to be pace wise.

The Facts:
  • 286 mi
  • 91 runs
  • 9:20 Avg. pace

Hopefully now that I'm a bit wiser and realistic about what I can do, the injuries will be fewer and less severe. I'm still enjoying the early morning runs and have a variety of goals to achieve in the near and long term.

Today's run felt like a swim. Humidity was crazy. Hadn't made it out for a week so took it kind of easy. Still ran under 9 per mile which is my new ceiling for pace. Also made it out for 25 mile ride on Sunday with Mrs. BR.

Good to see the activity pick up on the board. It still helps with the motivation.

2 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

Great metrics, great work. 30 lbs! wow.

Agricola said...

congratulations! way to go. keep it up and keep up the mellow attitude! you'll be fine.