Saturday, August 22, 2009

Losing Count

I haven't been counting runs, as is my habit. But I had a good Central Park Reservoir run this week, on a very hot and humid Tuesday evening. Didn't think I could sweat so much. I broke down and did the unthinkable, removing my shirt and running in the park, topless. I pity my fellow runners who had to watch, but I was considerably more comfortable.

I brought my sneakers ro Lexington, KY for a Wednesday/Thursday business trip, aiming to run Thursday morning. Alas, I drank too much bourbon Wednesday night and slept in Thursday. I only roused myself to shower and dress in time for a breakfast meeting. It was super humid there, too.

Aiming for a 7 miler today in the Champlain Valley. Will post.

Peace, fellas.

3 comments:

Agricola said...

Yo. hope your 7 miler went well. THanks for the well wishes on Falmouth.

When's your race? Let's 2 laps of the aprk together as a training run. I'll come down and do the run, it will be a hoot. then head home. if we have time.

Steve DiMattia said...

The race is Sept 20, 2 1/2 weeks from now. Not sure if that gives us time. We're in the valley for Labor Day, in NYC the following weekend. Trying to get you by phone lately, if we connect let's chat.

Steve DiMattia said...

The 7 miler didn't go so well. Pooped out around mile 4.