Friday, March 21, 2008

Lots of Thinking

So . . . I've been sitting around a lot and thinking. Not running much, not motivated to do so even though I've got 26.2 miles all at once, in my future. I get bursts of motivation but they fade. See, I'm in a weird spot: I'm between gigs; Mrs. A is busy as anything so I'm being Mr. Mom and there is no rhythm, for me anyway to the domestic day. I am definitely a creature of habit, and rhythm. I need badly to get back to work, to eat up some time and get me on a schedule again so that I use my time more wisely.

As far as motivation, I'm not sure what my issue is. I think it's tied into the out- of-work-thing. It's draining to be unemployed and even if I'm not spending all day job searching it's always in my head and it's exhausting. I've got a couple of really good leads and I'm hopeful that I can nail something down, soon. Also on the motivation front something hit me last evening after returning from a meeting: I'm tired of my current state of running mediocrity. As I've mentioned in an earlier post, I've been licking the lollipop of mediocrity a bit too much and I'm on the verge of sucking. I can't have that. I'm going out today when Mrs. A gets back from her meeting -- three or four, just to get out. It's cold and the wind is honking (to use an old sailing term), but I'll get something in.

I also just read a post on a blog that I discovered today (through another blog I follow) called the Art of Manliness. The article is the Warrior's Guide to True Manliness, and it's terrific -- read the article, but here are the paragraph heading from the four meat-of-the-article paragraphs:

  • Master Your Body

  • Use Death as your Guide

  • Choose the Path with Heart

  • Fight Every Battle as if it was Your Last

I'm looking for anything that I can right now, and this seems like a pretty good start. Thanks for hearing me out, I'm just trying to get my head on straight and get into this again.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

My calf still hurts.

Agricola said...

My ankle still hurts . . . but I just did 3.3.